Sunday, July 12, 2009

Fun can be painful...

Well today was the day of the Missoula Marathon. I ran the half (13.1 miles) in 1 hour and 51 minutes. It wasn't a PR by any stretch but I was pleased...I just won't eat so much the day before next time. Danica ran hers in 1:37 if remember what she told me. Either way, she kicked this old coach's butt:)
Coach Jessop also ran his first marathon without having run over 12 miles during training. He finished in just over 5 hours...no I do not endorse his training method but I am proud of him tackling this huge challenge of running 26.2 miles!
I am planning to train for the next two months to try my second run at the marathon distance in Whitefish at the Two Bears Marathon on Sept. 12. So you'll see me running with you all a bit more during the season.

Happy running.

Coach Albert

1 comment:

  1. Coach, I ran 1:41. I wish it had been 1:37... ;), but still, happy running it was.

    ReplyDelete