Thursday, September 3, 2009

Ahh...fruits and veggies!


The last two weeks I have been inspired to drastically change my eating habits...primarily to fit into my dress pants for school which starts on Tuesday:)

As you can see from the pictures, fruit has been the main staple along with vegetables, nuts, fish, rice, yogurt, small whole wheat bagels...and of course, popcorn! I have completely avoided processed food, fried food, soda pop and really, all high sugar deserts. Water has been the primary beverage with an occasional juice or tea. I have allowed a small bit of dark chocolate so I don't completely go insane.

It's been good. I have more energy and have none of the side effects you get from eating all of the food listed above. I plan to add back moderate amounts of eggs, beef, pork and chicken. I hope I can be disciplined enough to continue this eating plan, it's obviously much healthier...especially for someone my age:)

In addition, I'm back to working out with much more intensity. I only spend 40 minutes in the weight room but attack arms, legs and abs in a way that leaves me exhausted. This is good. Just like shooting baskets, the more-game like intensity used during drills the more you'll get out of the workout. Just showing up is half the battle...the intensity will take you the rest of the way.

I encourage you all to eat healthier this school year. Be sure and get enough calories. You don't want to be in calorie deficit...you need the fuel! However, if you knew we could be one game or one meet better simply by eating more responsibly, would it be worth it? Would a state title be worth giving up pop and junk food for a few months? It would for me! Something to think about.

Go Broncs!

Coach Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment